Samsung Galaxy S3
- Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- 1.4 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.8 Inches
- HD Display
- 8 MP Rear camera
- 1.9 MP Front Camera
- 2100 mAh battery
- Up to 21 hours 40 mins Talktime
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- View all Specs »
Samsung Galaxy S3 REVIEW:
- Advantages: Good hardware and software combination, excellent display, Longer Talk time. But this phone is outdated by many other low cost Indian made phones as well as by the The new Samsung Galaxy S4
- Disadvantages: 1 GB RAM not enough. Comes with Android 4.0 ICS, but upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
- Design and Looks: Galaxy S3 comes with 4.8 inches Super AMOLED capacitive screen encompassing 720 x 1280 pixels at ~306 ppi. Touch Wiz UI and Corning Gorilla Glass 2 enhances the screen experience further.
- Hardware and Software: The phone has out of the box Android 4.0 ICS, but is upgradable to Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean). The phone has advanced and powerful Quad-core 1.4 GHz Processor, 1GB of RAM Exynos 4212 Quad Chipset and Mali-400MP GPU.
- Camera, Music and Multimedia: Galaxy S3 has a primary 8MP camera with features like 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection and image stabilization. The phone also has a 1.9 MP secondary camera and both the cameras are capable of HD quality video recording plus very good quality sound output via integrated Wolfson WM1811 Audio Hub through Dolby Digital.
- Internal and External Storage: The phone comes with internal storage options of 16/32 GB of which both 16GB and 32Gb versions are available in India. External storage via microSD up to 64 GB also is available. In addition free Dropbox storage up to 50 GB is also available.
- Connectivity Options: The phone can work on quad band 2G, quad band 3G as well as 4G LTE networks. In addition to GPRS and EDGE, Galaxy S3 can be connected to internet via 3G and 4G. 3G Speed of HSDPA 21 Mbps and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps are quite impressive. Other connectivity options include Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot and NFC.
- Battery and Talk Time: The phone comes with Standard Li-ion 2100 mAh battery. Talk time of Up to 21 hours 40 mins (2G) / Up to 11 hours 40 mins (3G) is available.
- New in Galaxy S3: S-Voice natural language commands and dictation, Smart Stay eye tracking.
- Our verdict: Samsung Galaxy S3 is a very good phone at the current price of around Rs. 27000/- a far cry from the releasing offer of Rs. 43000/-
- Compare Samsung Galaxy S3 with iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One X and Galaxy Note 2.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Price
Also Check Out
Other Samsung Galaxy Series Phones