Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
- Android v4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 Inches
- WVGA Display
- 8 MP Rear camera
- 2 MP Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 2100 mAh battery
- Upto 10 hours Talktime
- View all Specs »
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos REVIEW:
- Advantages: Latest Android Jelly Bean OS, Dual-core Processor, 1 GB RAM, 5 inch Screen, external storage up to 64 GB and multiwindow feature.
- Disadvantages: Lack of AMOLED Screen, very low resolution, less talk time for a Dual SIM Smartphone, lack of a screen protection.
- Don't forget to check out Micromax A116 Canvas HD if you are not that brand concious. It has better features.
- Design and Looks: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos comes with 5 inch touchscreen featuring 800 x 480 pixels of poor resolution and pixel density of ~187 ppi. The phone comes with Samsung's Touch Wiz UI.
- Hardware and Software: The phone has an impressive 5 inches size. Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos runs on the latest Android OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean and is powered by a Dual Core Processor with clock speed up to 1.2 GHz. 1 GB RAM in the phone seems good, but the Chipset and GPU information are not yet known....
- Camera, Music and Multimedia: The Rear camera is of 8 MP which has features like autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection plus image stabilization along with 1080p@30fps video recording. The Front camera is of 2 MP. The Music Player in the phone supports MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, FLAC formats and Video Player Supports MP4, WMV, H.264 and H.263 formats.
- Internal and External storage: Galaxy Grand Duos comes with 8 GB internal storage and the external storage option can be expanded up to 64 GB using the microSD card slot.
- Connectivity Options: Quad Band 2G (SIM 1 & 2), Quad Band 3G (Only SIM 1) connectivity options are available, but the phone lacks 4G. 3G connectivity is via HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 7.2 Mbps. Other Connectivity Options include Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n with Wi-Fi Hotspot, micro USB v2.0. The phone also has dual standby feature.
- Battery and Talk Time: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has Standard Li-ion 2100 mAh battery which provides a talk time of up to 10 hours which seems to be a bit low for a dual SIM smartphone, Standby time is up to 440 hours.
- Package Contents: Device, Charger, Data Cable, Flipcover, Handset, Headset.
- Samsung Offers Introductory Package worth Rs.10,999/- for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos which includes Flipcover, Music & Movies Download from Myservices and 50 GB Dropbox space for the user.
- Apps: Galaxy Grand Duos Comes with built in apps like Organizer, Image and video editor, Document viewer, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk.
- Our Verdict: The phone looks good with some features and only one that bothers is the screen resolution.
- Compare Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Duos, Lenovo S880, HTC Desire SV, Micromax A116 Canvas HD
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Price
Also Check Out
Other Samsung Galaxy Series Phones