Motorola Moto X
Motorola Moto X Key Features:
- Android v4.4 KitKat OS
- 1.7 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 4.7 Inches
- HD Display
- 10 MP Rear camera
- 2 MP Front Camera
- 2200 mAh battery
- Up to 13 hrs Talktime
- View all Specs »
Motorola Moto X REVIEW:
- Why one should buy Motorola Moto X? Definitely for built quality. Motorola Moto X is an all American Phone, designed by Google and manufactured in the USA by Motorola. Update: Lenovo has bought Motorola from Google. Sales and service will be done by Lenovo in the future, but Motorola Brand will be retained.
- Android v4.4 Kitkat OS, 1.7GHz Dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor.
- 4.7 inches AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen with HD resolution and ~312 ppi pixel density.
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage
- 10MP camera, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Integrated Google Now which makes voice controlled applications easy.
- 18 customisation options for the back panel and 2 for front panel, which allows personalisation of the phone
- 3G Speed up to HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps and HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps and 4G data transfer via LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL / EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps (Availability of 4G in India is not yet confirmed)
- What goes against Motorola Moto X:
- Dual-core Processor (but it is not so much of a disadvantage because of 2GB RAM and faster Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor) makes the phone fast enough. But there are chances that customers in India will overlook this phone for other comparable Quad-ore phones.
- Design: Motorola Moto X is a product designed and launched after Google purchasing the Motorola, so it has an official Google Stamp over it. The design is a class apart from the usual phones. Moto X does not thrive on high-end hardware specs, but on an overall user friendly design and some of the innovative applications like Active Display, Motorola Assist. etc and innovative design features like the wood made back panel, which takes it into a different class altogether. The phone has a very appealing design with an overall mild tone attached with it.The speaker grill lies at the front top along with the 2 MP front camera at the right corner. On screen capacitive buttons and the microphone are at the bottom. The power key and the volume rockers are placed on the right. On the left side comes the Nano SIM card slot. The 10 MP primary camera is placed on the back side with the LED Flash aligned just below it. The rear speaker grill is on the right side to the rear camera. Moto X has a noise cancellation mike on the back side at the bottom. Sadly Moto X lacks dedicated Camera Key. At 10.4 mm, Moto X is thicker than most other smartphones in the competition (LG Nexus 4 is 9.1 mm thin) and the actual dimensions are 129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4 mm. It weighs at 130 g which is lighter enough to hold easily. The phone comes in 5 different colour options with a wooden back panel option. Moto X is also added with Water repellent coating like seen in Moto G.
- Display: Motorola Moto X has a 4.7 inches AMOLED screen with HD resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The pixel density is around ~312 ppi which should give clear clarity to the display. The screen is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. User interface is left untouched leaving the phone with Pure Android interface. The Moto X comes with Active Display similar to that of Nokia’s Glance Screen, which pops up notifications on the lockscreen. If you need detailed info, ust tap on it and it expands to reveal the information on the top and bottom of the screen. Moto X is smart enough to identify whether your phone is kept in your pocket or placed facing down so that it decides whether to popup notifications or not.
- Hardware & OS: Motorola Moto X is a value for money which comes packed with all premium features along with instant Android updates which is not available from most other manufactures for their devices. The phone is bundled with Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset and a Dual-core processor with 1.7GHz clock speed. The phone is added with 2GB RAM which helps a lot on performance. The Adreno 320 GPU can provide high-end graphical experience for games. Moto X comes with the latest Android v4.4 Kitkat OS. Users can interact with Moto X by using the command “OK Google Now” to know the weather and to get directions and it will also answer you back. The Moto X gets to recognise your voice even from lots of background noise with the help of the Crystal Talk feature. Moto X also has Motorola Assist feature which reads out texts and inform you who is calling by telling out loud while you are driving.
- Camera, Music and Multimedia: Motorola Moto X has a 10 MP (4320 x 2432 pixels) autofocus rear camera with LED Flash. It is also bundled with options like 4x digital zoom, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama and HDR. It can also record 1080p@30fps videos. The 2MP front camera which also can record 1080p videos, is a good one too. The phone can play music formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, eAAC+ and video formats like H.264, H.263 and WMV. The camera can be easily made ready to take a shot by just twisting your wrist twice and the camera automatically captures a perfect shot. Moto X is engineered with Clear Pixel Technology which help the camera intake maximum light from the environment and snap photos fast which enables you to take good photos in low light. Moto X users will get free 50GB Google Drive storage for up to two years.
- Storage: Motorola Moto X comes in 16GB and 32GB internal storage options. Sadly it lacks an external storage slot and it is a disadvantage.
- Battery and Talk time: Motorola Moto X comes with Standard Li-ion 2200 mAh battery which will provide an average talk time of up to 13 hours and Standby time up to 576 hours
- Connectivity: Motorola Moto X is a single SIM device which supports 2G and 3G. The SIM card slot type is Nano SIM like in Apple iphone 5S, which is not available in the most other devices in India. The 2G connectivity support is via Quad band (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) and 3G via Tri band (HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100). 3G Data Transfer Speeds up to HSDPA 42.2 Mbps and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps are available. The phone also comes with NFC option. Other options like Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band DLNA Wi-Fi hotspot and microUSB v2.0 are also available.
- Motorola Moto X gives tough competition with:
Motorola Moto X Price
Also Check Out
Other Motorola Moto Series Phones