- Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 4.5 Inches
- FWVGA Display
- 5 MP Rear camera
- 0.3 MP Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 1800 mAh battery
- Up to 4 hours 30 min Talktime
- View all Specs »
Micromax A91 REVIEW:
- Advantages: Dual SIM, Dual-core Processor, Affordable Price
- Disadvantages: FWVGA Resolution, 512 MB RAM
- Design and Looks: Micromax A91 is a dual-core powered ICS phone from the Indian manufacturer Micromax. The phone sports a 4.5 inches TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen with 854 x 480 pixels of FWVGA Resolution (could have been a qHD). The Device has custom Ice Cream Sandwich UI.
- Hardware and Software: The phone runs on 512MB RAM and 1GHz Dual-core Cortex-A9 processor and comes installed with Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Chipset is MediaTek MT6577 and the GPU is PowerVR SGX531.
- Camera, Music and Multimedia: Micromax A91 is provided with 5 MP rear camera with 2592×1944 Pixels, Digital Zoom and Front 0.3 MP for video calls. The phone can play supported audio formats like MP3, WAV (audio) and H.263, H.264, WMV, MP4 (video) formats.
- Internal and External Storage: Since it is a budget phone it has lower 4GB built-in storage but external storage is available upto 32GB via microSD card slot.
- Connectivity Options: The phone can connect via Tri band 2G (SIM 1 & 2) and Single band 3G (SIM 1). It can connect to internet via GPRS and EDGE too. Other connectivity options include Bluetooth v3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n with Hotspot, microUSB v2.0, 3G via HSDPA, HSUPA.
- Battery and Talk Time: Inside the Device is a Standard Li-ion 1800 mAh battery, the talk time and the standby time are not known.
- Our Verdict: Micromax A91 lacks better resolution, for the screen, battery is low end and RAM also is at the lower end. It is worth considering other Jelly Bean OS powered phones in the same price range from other manufacturers too.
- Compare Micromax A91 with Lava XOLO A700, Karbonn A27, Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
Micromax A91 Price